The Note Taker

May 10, 2008

While browsing the erotica section at Barnes & Noble, I came across a note inserted between the pages of editor Susie Bright's anthology, The Best of Best American Erotica 2008. Written on the reverse side of what appears to be a college-level homework assignment on Aristotle and "virtue ethics," is the following supplication:


And then he includes his telephone number and his e-mail address, the latter of which tells us something else about our mystery man: he loves pears.

While I am very attractive and have an amazing figure, not to mention an undeniably demure demeanor, I am certain that I am not the intended recipient of this note. It's too bad, because our love of pears is mutual, and we both know the distinction between your and you're. Based on these frivolous similarities, I am sure that Peter and I would have made a great pear pair.

Curiouser and curiouser,
Allison Wonderland

P.S. If you have not done so already, you had better get Wetter.

1 comment:

  1. It's a good thing I know you live in IL, b/c when I first saw the name "Peter" at the bottom, my first thought was my brother. And the idea of him writing someone a note like that - EW! LOL (Besides, I know my brother's handwriting, and it's nothing like THAT Peter.)

    ReplyDelete