A Genuine, Femmeinine, Female Thing

June 10, 2008

At the beginning of the month, I submitted a piece to a non-fiction collection entitled Visible: A Femmethology.

That very same day, mere hours after submitting my essay, "The Anonymity of Femmeininity," I received a response.

At first, I thought that the editor was just writing to acknowledge receipt of my submission. Nope. She was writing to inform me that she wanted to include my essay in the book. Woohoo!!

Hi Allison,

Thank you so much for sharing this piece with me. I am accepting it for publication. Congrats!

When I saw the call for submissions, I knew I had to answer the call. I felt qualified to write on the subject, and besides, this is what I went to school for, after all, to learn how to think critically and write analytically. I love it when I can put my Women's Studies degree to good use.

The collection will be published in March of 2009 by Homofactus Press.

More about the book:

Visible: A Femmethology, edited by Jen Burke, is a forthcoming anthology about the power and complications in presenting femme as a gender and breaking the traditional meaning of feminine. It aims to showcase personal essays exploring what “femme” means to those who claim it as an identity.

Yep, that's me. A genuine, femmeinine, female thing.

(Can ya hang? Ain't nuthin' but a she thing.)

Curiouser and curiouser,
Allison Wonderland

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! Somehow, I think Julia Sugarbaker would be proud. Now, if you want to REALLY impress her, go drive your car into a newsstand, hehe. (No, not a NEW STAN, a newsstand!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    And you need to get these if you don't have them already!

    XXX,
    AT

    ReplyDelete
  3. But it would be so much more fun to drive my car into a New Stan!

    Ooh, those mints are so cute. I've never seen those before. They would make a lovely complement to my I Love Lucy Predica-mints.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.