Seven Minutes in Heaven

June 22, 2008

Last weekend, I attended a play festival. My play was one of eleven presented in the showcase. I was really pleased with the production. The director and cast all did a fantastic job. One part even brought down the house.

(I love to bring down the house.)

I was thrilled that my play, which clocked in at seven minutes, was so well-received. A reviewer for a local paper said that it was one of the "most memorable" pieces in the showcase and called it a "delicious volte-face scene."

(I love to be delicious.)

I'll be receiving a DVD of the production, but I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to see the show live.

During the two-day trip, I came across this quaint feminist bookstore that boasted a very impressive collection of lesbian erotica.


Look what's on the shelves!


I know I had intended to wait until my contributor's copies arrived to look inside, but my books seem to have gotten lost in the mail. Hmph. They were sent out a month ago, and I still haven't gotten them. I don't know of any shipping method that takes that long, even the slowest of the slow. I like to think that the books ended up in a most unlikely place. Perhaps they showed up on the doorstep of a convent, for example... Anyway, new copies are on their way, so I'll just have to be patient.

(I don't love to be patient.)

Curiouser and curioser,
Allison Wonderland

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! (Or, as one says in a brought-down house: Author! Author!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are you going to write a play to teach 8th graders how to be as popular as Blanche...safely? hehe

    Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete