Romancing the Phone

July 20, 2008

I know what you're thinking: what the heck is up with that subject line? I concede that it's a little daffy. (I said a little.) But it's actually quite relevant to the topic of this entry.

A few days ago, I learned that my short story, "Mélange," will be included in Best Lesbian Romance 2009. This anthology is edited by Radclyffe and will be published by Cleis Press in January of 2009.

I initially received an acceptance letter from the editor at the beginning of June, but because the publisher has final approval, I didn't want to mention anything in case the piece didn't make it into the book. (Same with Hurts So Good -- don't want to count my ducklings before they've hatched.)

The protagonist of the story is dating a phone-phobic femme (hence the daffy subject line) who does not believe in cellular phones. Our heroine, a worrywart of sorts, frets and fusses because she cannot get in contact with her late lover. (Er, late as in tardy, not late as in deceased.)

As I told Radclyffe, I'm delighted to be a part of the collection.

Curiouser and curiouser,
Allison Wonderland

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I find it funny that "Romancing the Phone" is the title of a Suite Life of Zach and Cody ep. I also find it frightening that I know that, LOL. Secondly, a phone-phobic female. Gee, where EVER did you come up with that idea?!

    ReplyDelete