Poetic Justice

August 18, 2008

I am delighted to announce that my f/f poem, "Synchronized," will be included in volume two of Coming Together: At Last. The theme of this compilation is interracial relationships. At Last is edited by everyone's favorite erotic altruist, Alessia Brio, and will be published by Phaze in both print and e-book early in 2009. Proceeds from the anthology will be given to the human rights organization Amnesty International.

To learn more about the Coming Together series, check out this interview conducted by Lucrezia Magazine.

"Synchronized" is my first erotic poem. Primarily a purveyor of prose, I am something of an accidental poet. I think that my prose has a poetic element, a lyrical lilt, if you will, but I don't really identify as a poet. Hmmm. Am I one of those folks who's a poet and just doesn't know it? After all, I do believe that rhyme is sublime, and I have an abiding affinity for alliteration.

In other news, this weekend I attended Sappho's Salon at Women and Children First. I had the pleasure of meeting two of my fellow fiction scribes from the Sapphic Planet collective, Jolie du Pré and Fiona Zedde, as well as non-fiction author Andrea Askowitz. It was truly a congenial evening.

Curiouser and curiouser,
Allison Wonderland

2 comments:

  1. So you're a poet now. Maybe you and Rose should team up to write a song together. Whatever you do, though, don't let her use the word "intrauterine" in it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, great post title. I'm looking forward to being your neighbor in CTAL!

    Applause for Allison, Alessia, And Amnesty!

    ReplyDelete