Row, Row, Row Your Vote, Or: Barack, Paper, Scissors

Abe Lincoln, Jefferson, Tom.
They didn't need the atomic bomb.
We need beauty, we need art.
We need a government with heart.
Don't give up your freedom of speech.
Power to the people is in our reach.
Dr. King, Malcolm X.
Freedom of speech is as good as sex.
~Madonna

November 7, 2008

I wonder if the title of this blog qualifies for any sort of world record on length. Someone ought to look into that.

On Tuesday, I rocked the vote. I deliberated voting early but am very glad that I never got around to it, as I spent a mere twenty minutes in line at the polls. Who knew that procrastination would one day work in my favor?

I watched the election coverage on ABC and was finally able to exhale after four hours when the number of electoral votes in the blue box surpassed 270. I don't particularly care for the dichotomous nature of elections; however, I much preferred one of the two candidates to the other.

I only wish I lived in California so that I could have voted no on Prop Hate. Er, 8. Although, what's the difference, really?

Curiouser and curiouser,
Allison Wonderland

1 comment:

  1. Score one for us procrastinators! (If you ever get around to it, that is! hehe)

    ReplyDelete