Figure It Out

March 25, 2009

No, I'm not referring to that late 90's Nickelodeon game show, which, as an aside, I actually had the guts to audition for. For my "talent," I memorized all of the dialogue in an episode of a sitcom.

(If you ask nicely, I may or may not disclose the title of the aforementioned sitcom.)

Mercifully, I was not selected as a contestant.

Now, where the heck was I before I detoured down memory lane...? Oh, yes. It is with a squeal of delight that I announce my acceptance into Insatiable: Full-Figured Fantasies. This collection is edited by Genoa Barrow of Sacramento's Chocolate Siztas.

Let's celebrate by taking NOW's Love Your Body quiz, shall we? How do you measure up?

In other squeal-worthy news, I have been selected as a finalist in a playwriting competition. Since I can't do cartwheels, I'll have to settle for, um... jumping jacks? Yeah, that works.

Curiouser and curiouser,
Allison Wonderland

[Edit] P.S. I just learned that the submission deadline for Insatiable has been extended a second time, all the way until the end of December. I suspect this means that the earliest release date I can hope for is summer 2010.

2 comments:

  1. I STILL cannot believe your parents let you audition for that show. Were they temporarily insane? LOL J/K! Seriously, congrats on being accepted. I look forward to the day when you publish a book of your own, so you can mention me in the acknowledgments section! hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be the first person I acknowledge.

    "Dot, Dot, what a girl I got."

    ReplyDelete