Going Down On...

January 31, 2010

...Bended Knee!

What, you thought I was going to say something smutty? Tsk, tsk, tsk. There are two things you need to keep out of the gutter, folks: your mind and your bowling ball.

Anywho, To Love and To Cherish is traveling through cyberspace and today is my day to blog about the book. My story, "The Felicity of Domesticity," is housed in volume one of the collection, On Bended Knee, published as an e-book on Friday.

To Love and To Cherish is a collaboration between Sapphic Planet and loveyoudivine. All proceeds from the sale of the e-books (On Bended Knee, With This Ring, Lives and Wives) and the print book (the anthology in its entirety) will support marriage equality through Marriage Equality.

So, why did I want to be involved with this project?

Because I think this deadlock over wedlock is, quite simply, silly.

Because I believe that love is a many-splendored and a many-gendered thing.

Because I think that opponents of marriage equality really need to stop fretting that the LGBT community will do it better.

Curiouser and curiouser,
Allison Wonderland

2 comments:

  1. What a great blog, Allison! Thank you so much for contributing your time and talent to "To Love and To Cherish"! All the authors of SapphicPlanet.com and loveyoudivine.com hope you will join us next weekend as the blog tour continues:
    February 5 - Lara Zielinsky
    February 6 - Adriana Kraft
    February 7 - Kissa Starling

    Lara Zielinsky
    co-editor, To Love and To Cherish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this story. I can wholeheartedly relate to the issues between the 2 girls from their youth to adulthood. The quality of your writing is very unique. You portray your characters so vividly. I am a big fan of your work and I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete