The Secret's Out

January 19, 2010

Coming Together: Into the Light is now available!

This collection, with its theme of revealed secrets, is edited by Alessia Brio.

Want to try before you buy?

Below is a snippet of my piece, "Smut Puppy," which appears alongside a lustrous line-up of contributors.

"Shannon, um... you know that I write, right? I mean, you know that I'm a writer?"

Her nod is deliberate, almost in slow motion.

"And you know what I write, right?"

"Yeah, short stories mostly."

"Well, for the past year, I've been writing, um, a certain kind of short story. Stories of a... sexual nature. It's called, um, it's called... erotica."

"Oh?" Shannon inquires, and I swear I see her eyes smiling.

"Just an FYI, my stories aren't based on actual events or anything," I hasten to point out. "I'm just... translating fantasy into fiction. And, um, anyway, I sold a story awhile back and... well, they published it and... it's in print."

There. I did it. It's done. Now comes the waiting. Waiting for Shannon to wig out and walk out. Waiting for all heck (she disapproves of the word hell) to break loose.


I hear giggling. I look at Shannon, since the sound seems to be coming from her.

"I don't like erotica," she shares.


"You don't have to read it," I assure her.


"No, I mean, I don't like the term erotica," she clarifies. "I think it should be called something else. Like, uh, flesh fiction. Or maybe literature for the loins. Something like that."


If you'd like to own this anthology of erotica, flesh fiction, or literature for the loins - choose your pleasure - it's available as an e-book from All Romance Ebooks, 1 Romance EBooks, and Smashwords. The collection's editor, Alessia Brio, recommends that readers purchase the book from All Romance or 1 Romance to ensure that 100% of the proceeds benefit the anthology's designated charity, V-Day, an organization that strives to silence violence against girls and women.

Curiouser and curiouser,
Allison Wonderland

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading this snippet. It was quite amusing and I enjoyed your unusual usage of words. The way you write is very refreshing to read and not at all boring. Keep it up! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.