Truly, Mad Lib, Deeply

January 24, 2010

I am positively mad about mad libs.

It's an enduring love affair, ongoing since junior high, when an English teacher used them to help her students understand the parts of speech.

The other night, I was doing one with a friend and when she requested a noun, I offered up the word dominatrix. So, at the end, when all the blanks were filled in, she read the first sentence and we discovered that in the 1800's, two brothers invented the world's first "electric dominatrix."

That kept us in stitches for a good five minutes.

I just love taking liberties.

Curiouser and curiouser,
Allison Wonderland

2 comments:

  1. Keep on posting such stories. I love to read blogs like this. BTW add more pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Electric Dominatrix is doinf fine, BTW. -Patterson.

    ReplyDelete